Thursday, September 22, 2011

September has been a crazy month.  I was truly hoping to have started fund raising by now but things always seem to take a bit longer than predicted.  I've spent most of this month on call at the office which has kept me pretty busy, in addition I went to Chicago last week for an oncology conference.  It was such a blessing to spend time with friends and find companionship and support with others who spend their time in oncology.  As I'm sure people find in other careers, an automatic understanding and camaraderie develops when you meet people who "get it."  People who understand the day to day.  It couldn't have come at a better time after the summer I've had with losing so many close patients.

BUT!!  I am so excited to report that I have been given the go-ahead to start fund raising.  My account with Students International is open and I am free to start praying and talking.  Praying for people to be moved by the spirit and to partner with me in my ministry!!!  I can't wait to start talking to everyone I can!!  I admit the task ahead is daunting, I never thought I would be going from very self-sufficient to so dependent on Christ.  But, I am so excited for the people I will be connected with and to talk about my favorite subject in the whole world.  I also look forward to deepening my faith and relying on Him for all of my needs, including such "simple" things as clothing and food.  I think sometimes we forget that He is there for us in all aspects, not just when people are sick or our life is rocky.  The more we rely on Him, the more tangible He becomes.  As prayer after prayer are answered.

ALSO!!  I spoke with my site director at SI today.  He shared with me that the clinic they are building in the city of Jarabacoa is almost complete, and he has already found a desk and exam table for me when I start seeing patients!!  Ahhh!  I can't tell you how crazy excited that gets me.  I can't wait to see the journey God takes me on.  The people I meet.  The patients I care for.  What a blessing to be embarking on such an adventure!

Please keep me in your prayers as I step out of my comfort zone and public speak.  Please pray that I may fund raise in a biblical manor and not in a way that will make anyone feel uncomfortable or resemble secular "salesmen."  Thank you!

Will keep you updated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment