Sunday, June 17, 2012

I never thought of myself as materialistic.  Why is it then that I'm not sleeping well at night?  With thoughts of how much I love my car, XM radio (alt nation to be exact), Netflix (a Madmen guilty pleasure) and Pandora.  Each of these I will be leaving behind.  Specifically this week.  Sigh.  So stupid.  I wish I could say I hurtle forward without sadness.  Without analyzing all I'm "giving up."

I've spent the last couple days in Delaware visiting my PA school roommate.  What an incredible blessing to have this time to spend with so many people I love.  I can't believe in one week I leave for missionary training in Colorado!!

Today I gave my favorite missionary speech thus far.  I believe I have shared that my family and I worship at a church service started by Hopewell Reformed Church for people with disabilities.  This is my home.  This is where we worship and see faith at its purest and most tangible form.  And this is where I chose to give my final talk as I leave for the field.  It was awesome.  How incredible to teach of the extreme poverty in the DR.  And how genuine was my audience's reaction.  This population is not immune to the ads in magazines and on tv that we so easily ignore.  They ached for my future patients.  "How can they not even have band-aids?"

Speaking at Odyssey

Had to show off "the beginning," our family's first church
photo that also featured some awesome hair do's

People seemed interested!

Prayer Circle!!


Amazing!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment