Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blessed

Sometimes I just can't believe how blessed I am.  As I have mentioned before, my parents weren't always a hundred percent on board with this whole moving to a third world country thing.  This was one of the biggest issues I struggled with when I first felt my call.  What if they never "got it?"  Was I still willing to follow God without the support of my family?  I have been truly blessed to not have to deal with that question, because they do get it.  This weekend my Dad was away on a business trip so I spent the entire time with my Mom.  I never used to cherish the time I spent with her like I do now.  Perhaps it's because I know living with them is temporary and I don't know how long I will be in the DR.  3 years, 10 years, lifelong?  But either way my Mom has not only embraced my path but has agreed to be my point person with fundraising.  This from the person who a year ago was praying for my feelings about the DR to change.  I have to admit, my parents change of heart is certainly one of the most tangible evidence of the power of prayer in my life.  It is their support that will always carry me regardless of where I go.  And my prayer warriors!!

To all of you who have been keeping me in your prayers-I thank you!!  Please continue to pray for the holy spirit to guide me in this time of fundraising!!

No comments:

Post a Comment