Monday, October 3, 2011

Accidentally Fund Raising

Last week I "accidentally" started fund raising.  Sometimes it amazes me how God's idea of opportune timing is so different from mine.  I shared that I was given the go ahead by SI to begin.  Fantastic!  But I had many things I had to get ready before I could actually start meeting with people!!  I had donor letters that needed to be written, information and sponsor cards that needed to be made, and there was no way my donor appeal was ready.  I surely had to practice and piece together what I wanted to say before anyone could possibly believe in my ministry enough to support it.

Yet again, I was humbled and yet again God reminded me who was in control.  In my "not so ready" state, 5 people have committed to monthly donations.  5.  In one week!!  It's still an incredible feeling to have people support this crazy journey.  To see people believe in God and how He is working through people in a place I love so much.

When I think of all I have to accomplish in the next 8 months, I am overwhelmed.  I.  What is I.  Are we truly I?  Doesn't God ask us to lift all our concerns to him?  Doesn't He ask us not to worry about tomorrow?  When I look at the next 8 months of fundraising as "We" it's not overwhelming.  When I focus on today and trust that tomorrow will take care of itself, the next 8 months feel a little more manageable.  I believe in my journey and I believe funding will come.

I am entering into new territory for myself and so many that I am surrounded by.  But, you know what, I'm excited.  The next 8 months are just as important as mission training school and language school.  The next 8 months give me the opportunity to share our (mine and Christ's) journey to anyone who will listen.  They allow me to start trusting in Him.  To trust in timing.  To trust in Him for provisions.  8 months to grow deeper in my faith.  To become equipped for a life 100% in reliance on Him.  To learn to listen and to follow.

I continue to be amazed by the people God has placed in my life along this journey.  The teachers I have been blessed to meet with.  Incredible people of faith, all who are equipping me.  I thank all of you who have helped direct me along this path.  You have been answers to prayers and glimpses of His word to me.

So, here I am, accidentally fund raising and open to the way God wants things done.  Because, let's face it, His timing is far better than mine.  And this is ultimately about Him.  I am but a servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment