Monday, November 14, 2011

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from my fears."  Psalm 34:4


God is meeting me.  In His perfect timing things are coming together.  Last week I wrote to you as a weak human, as Rachel.  Not trusting his perfect plan.  Boy, I must have some incredible prayer warriors out there!  I  can honestly say I am excited about speaking at my church this weekend.  I finally get to talk about what I love and believe in more than anything else.

This past Sunday we had our Odyssey service.  Several people were there who were at our main church for the early service.  Apparently our Pastor announced that I would be speaking the following Sunday.  Normally this would make me very nervous and feel pressured, BUT not that day.  I found it such an encouragement.  People told me they are excited to hear what I have to say!  He is moving.

The past several months have been spent preparing.  Sending emails to people who may be interested in being supporters.  Putting together business cards, prayer cards and supporter packets.  Making lists.  Budgeting.  Organizing.  Now, is the fun part!!

The encouragement I am receiving from those around me is such a gift.  I believe in challenging our Father for what we need.  And provide He will.  Just when I start feeling alone, like the only one who is going through this a delivery is made.  In the form of a spiritual mentor, to wrestle through spiritual warfare.  In the form of an incredible single female missionary a year ahead of me in this process.  In the form of a missionary couple who are leaving from my church at the same time I am, and who are dealing with the same feelings of leavers "guilt."  In the form of friends who send encouraging emails.  In the form of fellow PAs who are collecting medical supplies for me.  Encouragement.  Thank you for being Jesus to me.

Students International has an awesome video about their DR ministry.  Check it out!!  I will be leading the health care site!!  :)

http://youtu.be/dLPSpAKp7Q0



No comments:

Post a Comment