Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Disciple to Multiply

I am like a proud Momma duckling.  Ok, that's a little tacky and extreme.  But nothing is more fulfilling than watching someone you love and have poured yourself into attempt to walk upright in the Lord, take control of her life, achieve yet again straight A's in school and share her passion with others.

In case you didn't know, I speak of Caroly.

Yesterday, we welcomed another graduate of the Women's Volleyball Program into our site.  It is my dream that when my two nurses come on staff they have a Caroly (read clearly, not Caroly, A Caroly....haha).  And yesterday we began that training process.

As we sat in Angosto and I watched Caroly teach Shakira how to assess vital signs, I sat in disbelief.  How far Caroly has come in a year.  She has taken ownership of her life, her future, her passions.  And now she is sharing that with her peers.

Multiply.  We disciple to multiply.

And so, I may be getting a little ahead of myself since we just began day one, but I give thanks.  For the lives of these young girls who are beating the odds, becoming educated and have incredibly bright futures in front of them.  THEY are the future of the DR.


1 comment:

  1. I love how clearly you stated NOT Caroly! ;) I miss you lady and can't wait for the future!!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete