Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Keep Chuggin Along

When I wrote my post last week....I didn't think I could feel more "chaotic," then I found a cockroach in my bed.  But, amidst all the craziness there was beauty.

Catalina teaching Kenny and I Espanol!

Kenny and his espousa Karen are new missionaries
with SI, very dear friends of mine and will be in charge
of all the students who visit on short term out reaches, interns,
volunteers and semester students

I am so thankful for my Spanish classes....every morning from 8-12 followed by 4-5 hours worth of homework en la noche!  I just finished week 4 and was super encouraged on Friday when I was able to have a 5 minute conversation with a woman who works in the kitchen!  I have known Mili for two years and we have never been able to actually converse....so this full immersion thing must be working!  Beauty!

I am dog-sitting for the next month.  That is a complete blessing in itself, for all of you who know my animal obsession.  I get a bit like Elmira Fudd (yes that's a looney tunes reference) sometimes.  Therefore, having a dog to cuddle and play with is the perfect anecdote to my chaos.  Thank you Jesus.

And finally, the biggest provision.  My birthday.  One I will not soon forget.  My missionary friends planned a surprise birthday breakfast at a coffee shop in town, complete with cafe and croissants (ok not so Dominican, but still delicious!).  This came at the perfect time as I had just skyped my parents...

Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

 

 

 
 
As if that wasn't enough...I went to a concert in Santo Domingo Saturday night and then out to dinner at the top of one of the mountains in Jarabacoa on Sunday night.  Anyone who knows me knows how important birthdays are to me.  God knows that too.  And guess what, he gave me one heck of a birthday.
 
I am so blessed by the love and support I have both here and in the states, so please, don't worry about me too much....
 
AND!!  As of yesterday I officially have a real first aid kit in my car, with suture material and all...get ready DR.  Traveling wanna-be-Dr. Quinn-medicine-woman-who-also-loves-Jesus has arrived.  :)
 
Restaurant on top of the mountain!

Kim, Mary Ellen, me and Karen
Fundraiser- missionary model calendar...
thoughts?? haha
 
Gorgeous Jarabacoa!!

Kenny, Karen, me, Kim, Mary Ellen and Dick

Yummy!!!

Jarabacoa at night!
 
 
I am blessed!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment