Friday, November 2, 2012

Greetings from house #762...not sure what the name of my road is...yea I know that sounds weird, but there are literally no street names here.  Try google mapping from Jarabacoa to Santiago and you get things like "turn right at the red house" or "the third dirt road on the left."  Righhhht.

Anyways, I have officially lived in my new house for 10 days...and I LOVE it!!!  I feel very safe and am sleeping great.  God has truly provided me with a place of peace, restoration and rest.  And...no cockroaches!!!

Let me share with you how blessed I am....ready for a tour???

My car...at night it goes in the locked garage inside the locked gates

My bedroom is the window next to the garage above the flowers

Dream yard for dogs!! With a gazebo.

Porch on the right side of the house

Our living room that I will be painting blue.

My bedroom!  I will be painting purple....all the furniture
we bought second and third hand from other missionaries
leaving the field

 Bano
Kitchen I painted red!  Needs curtains and
screens on all the windows.

Big oven and stove :)....

and Refrigerator!!!
I live with two female missionaries, both in their 20s.  Melisa works with SI and is starting an ESL program in one of the local public schools.  Lexie works at a local Christian school as a first grade teacher, we went to MTI together.  She is engaged and will be married in December and then move out and live with her hubby.  It has been such a joy living with other young missionaries.  :)

We are blessed to have a house with so much space!  Melisa also works with Young Life and she was able to fit over 30 Dominican students in our living room for a meeting last week!  And, last night I was able to squeeze many college age students for a Halloween Party who are serving with SI on a semester exchange.

We do have to be a bit cautious with three single females living alone.  So.....when two small, flea & parasite infested pups showed up at our house 3 weeks ago...could we really say no?  They are both super healthy and doing great!  No more fleas or parasites!   Dominicans call mutts "Vida Latas" which means "life out of the garbage."  Stray dogs here are rampant.  Sometimes I wish I could be a missionary for animals.....when you hit dogs instead of deer...it just doesn't seem right.  But, I love humans too much to switch species.  So, I will resolve to just love on Bailey and Shaley...

Bailey

Shaley

Shaley and Bailey

Tomorrow I will be heading to Las Terrenas to join Sowers of the Kingdom and a team from NY  while they serve for one week in the DR.  I will help lead a clinic where we expect to see hundreds of patients.  On Thursday and Friday we are participating in a huge revival that is partnering with over 20 Dominican churches.  If you could please pray for us....that we may bring glory to His name and that His Spirit will fill the hearts of all who attend.

Happy November!




No comments:

Post a Comment