Monday, July 15, 2013

Meet Caroly Trinidad!

"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

Caroly and I in Angosto with our students
It's official!!  I have an assistant!  Caroly Trinidad is a Dominican from Jarabacoa.  She just turned 18 and recently graduated from high school.  She was valedictorian and has spent the past four years playing volleyball for VC Revolution which is the varsity team run by Jess Gates at Students International's women's sports site.  She recently accepted Christ into her heart, speaks some English, loves American music and hopes to be an orthodontist some day!

For the rest of the summer you will find Caroly volunteering with me in the communities and if we both enjoy working together I will hire her full time in the fall which will provide the funds for her college education!

Caroly has been invaluable as students volunteering at my site have a difficult time understanding the names of my patients, performing crowd control in the communities, collecting money and taking patient histories!  Caroly has certainly taken stress off of me as I can concentrate more on my patients and less on logistics!

Just another tangible example in my life of how Mighty the God we serve is and how he provides in ways we can't even imagine!



No comments:

Post a Comment