Saturday, October 11, 2014

Bienvenidos, little one!

I have the most incredible job.

We're still waiting to find out her name!

I wasn't really looking forward to this weekend.  I had no plans except church on Sunday.  Which makes for the fourth weekend in a row without a concrete activity.  Since returning to the DR I have found I crave this chill time...but this weekend I was finally ready to resume my faster pace of living.

And so, I wasn't disappointed when I received a call at 6:30 am from Dr. Fernando at the local clinic that my dear sister/patient/friend Rosne was in labor and therefore we would be performing her c-section unexpectedly early.

So that is how I spent my mañana...

Praying with my dear Rosne as she was prepped for her ceserea.  I held her hand in the OR as the anesthesiologist gave her an epidural.  I cringed as I saw that her blood pressure was high (160/110) despite my more than weekly visits to her house and provision of Methyldopa.  I thanked the Lord that we decided to have her deliver at the private clinic where she would get good care as opposed to the public hospital where my dear friend would be treated as a number and her high blood pressure not as closely monitored.  I heard the cry of her newborn daughter as she was brought into this world.  I watched the expert hands of Fernando perform a tubal ligation and suture her abdomen closed.

And this afternoon...I rejoiced with Rosne as she finally had her baby girl.  And I now have a sweet Haitian god daughter.
Me and my goddaughter :)

So from the bottom of my heart, and Rosne's (she made me to promise to share with you), thank you. For your prayers.  Your concern. And your love.

Caroly (my assistant), Rosne and her baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment