Monday, May 30, 2016

Community Rocks!

When I first moved to the DR I thought I was giving up so much.  My career.  Living in a first world country.  Concerts.  Family.  Friends.

I sit here utterly humbled by God's provision.  There are so many aspects of the past four years to focus on, but when I tell you my community rocks I mean it.

God gave me three Dominican and one Haitian family that truly feel like they are my family.  It hurts my heart so very much to say goodbye to them.

God also provided me with some of the best friends I have known in my life.  People who have walked with me as we wrestle through cross-cultural ministry, Spanish, community development, living away from loved ones, and navigating a new country.

These are the two things I will miss the most...my family and friends in Jarabacoa.

This past weekend 11 of my closest girlfriends whisked me away to an old cabaña in the mountains of Jarabacoa to spend time together, eat delicious food and just reminisce.  I have truly never felt more loved or special.  Below are some of the pics :)  Hope you enjoy!

I felt so special!! 


An afternoon of puzzles and coloring!

They made me a video!!  I may have been crying ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment